This award is being given annually to honour a member or members of the Canadian Library Association / Association canadienne des bibliothèques for innovative use and application of technology in a Canadian library setting. The award is generously sponsored by OCLC Canada.
Please provide succinct but substantive examples of nominee(s)’ achievements on the basis of the criteria outlined in these guidelines so that the Award?Jury can fully evaluate the candidate(s).?Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- innovation/use of technology to clients served
- benefit of innovation/use of technology to information community
- impact of innovation/use on library operations
- marketability of innovation/use
- impact of innovation/use on perception of the library/librarian in the work setting and to the specialized or general public
- Summary of nominee’s professional responsibilities, if nominee is a personal member. For institutions, please describe briefly the size and scope of the organization, and define community of users. (One paragraph)
- Please indicate in no more than two paragraphs why the candidate or institution is being nominated for this award.
- If this nomination is for a special project, please supply a description of the project (objectives, activities and impacts), in no more than two pages. Supporting documents related to the project can be attached.
- If this nomination is for the exercise of an on-going application of technology meriting the award, please describe the application and an explanation of why the candidate or organization is deserving of recognition.
- In what specific ways has the nominee achieved the following. (One paragraph on each factor)
a. innovation/use of technology to clients served
b. benefit of innovation/use on library operations
c. impact of innovation/use on library operations
d. marketability of innovation/use
e. impact of innovation/use on perception of the library/librarian in the work setting and to the specialized or general public
6.Other comments concerning the nominee, not covered by the preceding guidelines. (Maximum two paragraphs)
The winner of the CLA/OCLC Award for Innovative Technology will be presented at the CLA National Forum. This prestigious award includes the following benefits:
- Complimentary CLA Conference Registration
- Travel & Accommodation to CLA Conference
- Presentation Plaque
Nominees must be members in good standing of the Canadian Library Association. Nominations may be made by any CLA member in good standing, or by the CLA/OCLC Award Selection Jury, and must be received at the CLA Office by?February 28 Annually.
Nominations should be sent to:
CLA/OCLC Award for Innovative Technology Jury
c/o Canadian Library Association
1150 Morrison Drive, Suite 400
Ottawa, ON K2H 8S9
E-mail:?info (at) www.evolucash.com
This award was formerly known as the CLA/Meckler Award for Innovative Technology and the CLA/Information Today Award for Innovative Technology.